7 Tips for the Savvy Hotel Stayer
The growth of technology over the past few years goes hand in hand with the need for speedy and efficient service. This is evident across all industries and the hospitality industry is no different. Here we share our tips for making the most out of your stay and what to look for…
- Make it your own- can you modify the temperature, music and air con in your room yourself? Control devices in your room which allow you to do so are a great advantage, and maximise your comfort throughout your stay.
- Easy check-in and checkout- eliminate lengthy amounts of time spent checking in and out to make sure you make the most of your visit. Look for ‘speedy check-outs’ and give yourself that extra bit of time relaxing with your breakfast in bed.
- Book direct- save time and money by booking direct with the hotel. Instead of spending time looking for the best deals on numerous websites, booking direct will often get you the best rate and usually a great offer or package.
- Stay connected- when looking for a hotel room, you want to make sure you go somewhere you can rely on for a good internet connection at no extra cost.
- On site facilities- are you wanting to have some cocktails or dine locally? Choosing a hotel which has a restaurant and bar on site is essential for a savvy stayer- everything you need under one roof, usually a drink or food offer for hotel guests. Make sure you always ask at reception upon arrival!
- Look for Packages- often if you are able to stay outside of peak times (not Friday and Saturday), you can get great deals usually involving a package which includes accommodation, food and other extras. Usually following your favourite hotels on social media, subscribing to their emails and looking on their website can help you be the first to find their latest deals.
- Accessibility- make sure you are near to parking, train stations, airports or however you intend to travel. It avoids lengthy travel times and additional costs!